Beer is one of the most popular drinks in the world. Due to its low alcohol content, it is considered harmless and is drunk without restrictions, which leads to the formation of a bad habit that imperceptibly turns into a disease - beer alcoholism.
Over time, most hop drinkers still realize the problem, and then the question arises of how to get rid of beer addiction. To solve it, it is best to act in several directions at once.
Recognizing the problem
Considering that a low alcohol drink cannot be addictive and lead to serious addiction, many take the first step towards chronic beer alcoholism. One or two glasses a couple of times a week gradually turn into one or two or more liters, consumed regularly. And now it becomes absolutely normal to drink beer every night.
But even in this situation, not everyone is able to admit the existence of a problem. To relieve fatigue after work, cheer up, make watching a movie more interesting - people come up with hundreds of excuses, denying the fact that beer addiction has long won out and subdued them. In addition, most beer fans for the time being believe that they can easily quit drinking as soon as they want, not realizing that control over the situation has long been lost.
That is why the first step to recovery should be the realization that the craving for the drink has become uncontrollable. By admitting to himself that the problem exists, the person is tuned in to stop drinking beer every day as soon as possible.
How to get rid of beer addiction?
For those who are thinking about how to wean a loved one or themselves to drink beer every day, many techniques have been developed. If the bad habit has not yet passed into the last stage of beer alcoholism, you can try to cope on your own, otherwise you will need the help of specialists.
First of all, you need to determine the reasons for the craving for beer, and then try to eliminate them. You should not be afraid of a sober life, it is enough to remember how you lived before the foamy drink became a constant companion. After all, even then there were friends, interests, positive emotions, which means that all this can be returned without alcohol.
And it's very important to get ready for work. The desire to quit drinking is not enough; it will take a lot of effort to achieve the result.
It is very important to get rid of addiction on a psychological level. It is best to seek help from a qualified therapist, but there are some steps you can take yourself.
It will be much easier to get rid of your beer cravings if you consider how you can relax and enjoy yourself. There are many options, for example, chatting with a pet, massage, yoga, dancing. A new hobby will fill the void left by the abandonment of beer feasts.
A change in your environment can help you forget your addiction. It is worth getting rid of everything that reminds of the old way of life. You can go further and make a rearrangement or renovation. If you have a tradition of drinking beer with your colleagues, you should think about changing jobs.
It is more difficult for women to quit drinking beer every day, as, due to psychological characteristics, they quickly develop a strong addiction. And ladies do not need company so much and often drink alone, so that no one may know about their addiction for a long time. To wean herself from the habit of drinking beer, a woman needs to become more socially active, communicate with those who lead a healthy lifestyle.
Reducing beer consumption
Not everyone has enough inner strength to give up beer at one point immediately after the decision to end the bad habit is made. So that the rejection of the intoxicated drink is not accompanied by constant stress, you must act consistently.
If there is a certain tradition, for example, to drink beer in the evenings after work, you should not immediately abandon it. For a start, it is enough to gradually reduce the dose. “Drinking less” doesn’t sound as scary as “quitting altogether, ” so the brain does not strongly resist such an attitude, and the amount of drinking will be steadily decreasing.
Gradually the craving for beer will become weaker and then it will be possible to give up the drink completely.
Physical addiction treatment
It happens that a person, with all his might, cannot get rid of the habit of drinking beer on his own. He either constantly breaks down, or refusal from alcohol is accompanied by symptoms of real withdrawal - tremors of the limbs, migraines, muscle pains, arrhythmias, high blood pressure.
In such cases, you need to seek help from a specialist. After examination and conversation with the patient, the doctor will give advice on how to get rid of beer addiction. The following methods are used:
- Detox dropper.Special drugs that help to eliminate toxins, as well as useful substances and vitamins, enter the bloodstream to improve your well-being.
- Encoding.With the help of an ampoule sewn under the skin, by intravenous or intramuscular injection, the patient is injected with a substance that slows down the processing of ethanol. Thus, when even a small amount of alcohol enters the body, symptoms of severe intoxication immediately appear.
- Antidepressants.The doctor prescribes sedatives so that the refusal from beer goes without negative consequences not only for the human body, but also for his psyche. They will help reduce irritability and aggression, improve sleep, and prevent the development of depression.
Treatment of alcohol dependence can be carried out only with the consent of the patient, having previously explained the therapy regimen and warned him about the possible consequences.
Replacing beer with other products
There are many drinks that can replace beer:
- kvass is a great alternative to beer due to the similarity of taste and consistency;
- freshly squeezed juices;
- freshly brewed natural coffee, cocoa, hot chocolate;
- loose green tea;
- mineral water with lemon juice.
If you drink berry or vegetable smoothies instead of beer, you can not only get rid of the bad habit, but also improve your well-being, and also remove the beer belly.
Another substitute for beer in the evenings is dried fruit or nuts. The main thing to remember is that these foods are high in calories, so you must observe the measure.
Finding a new hobby
Many people drink beer simply because they have a lot of free time with nothing to do. The situation is easy to change by finding something to do. Jogging or walking before bed, going to the gym, biking or skiing, rollerblading or ice skating are great alternatives to beer.
For couch potatoes, there are also many interesting things, for example, wood carving or collecting puzzles. And someone may remember a childhood hobby and take up pencils or paints. In any case, if the hobby is to your liking, very soon it will supersede thoughts of alcohol from your head.
Treatment with folk remedies
Both modern and time-tested folk remedies will help you quit drinking beer on your own.
- herbal decoctions with the addition of lovage, European clefthoof, bearberry, St. John's wort;
- tinctures on thyme, bitter wormwood, centaury (prevent the absorption of alcohol, creating the effect of coding);
- teas with thyme, mint, calamus root, juniper berries.
Bee products such as propolis and honey are believed to reduce alcohol cravings.
Getting out of beer binge at home
Most often, an irrepressible craving for a foamy drink leads to the fact that a person drinks daily, that is, goes into a beer binge. Getting rid of beer addiction at home is possible if you act according to the plan:
- The most important thing is a person's desire to stop drinking. Without this, no measures will help.
- It is necessary to reduce the amount of beer gradually - every next day to drink half as much as the previous one. In no case should you suddenly stop drinking alcohol, it is very dangerous to health. The body, accustomed to receiving alcohol on a constant basis, suddenly deprived of the usual dose, can react with a sharp deterioration in well-being.
- The longer the breaks between drinks, the better. It is necessary to show endurance and not drink the entire daily dose at once, but divide it into parts and use it at intervals of 2-3 hours. During the day, you should drink plenty of clean water, to which you can add lemon juice and a little honey. The liquid will partly help drown out the beer thirst, but most importantly, it will help cleanse the body, flushing out toxins and alcohol residues.
- It is advisable to change the environment at least for a short time.
- Gentle mode. It is very difficult for the body at this time, so you should not burden it with excessive physical, and even mental activity. Light films, reading, short walks - this is what you should limit yourself to a few days.
- Body support. Considering that for a long time the body was exposed to the negative effects of alcohol, now it needs to recover. Vitamins and other beneficial substances can help in this. So, as soon as it gets a little better, you need to add a variety of "healthy" foods to the menu - vegetables, fruits, herbs, nuts, etc.
- Sedatives will help to cope with recurrent irritability and normalize sleep. It is good to brew tea with mint, valerian or lemon balm.
These recommendations will greatly facilitate the process of getting out of binge and getting rid of beer addiction.
Prevention of beer alcoholism
Instead of thinking about how to get rid of beer addiction, it is more preferable to know how to prevent it. This is very important if a person has already fallen into an alcohol trap once or, for example, if there are children in the family who have reached adolescence.
Reliable and detailed information about the harm that beer alcoholism can cause to the body is the best preventive measure. In addition, one must understand that not only health will suffer, but also relationships with loved ones. Promoting a healthy lifestyle, setting the right priorities will also help avoid the problem.
It will be easier for a person who once gave up beer to forget about a bad habit if he avoids the previous companies in which he drank alcohol.
Quitting drinking beer, especially if drinking occurs almost every day, is not as easy as it seems. But if you realize the problem, make a decision and follow the planned plan, a positive result will not be long in coming. The main thing is to believe in yourself, not to retreat and learn to look differently at seemingly familiar things.